The Loft's new Scholarship Pool model allows you to submit a single online application for youth or adult class scholarships. These opportunities are available to individuals and families on public assistance.* 

Once accepted, available scholarship seats are emailed out as they become available. These email alerts will give you access to promo codes (applied during checkout) that provide a 95% reduction in tuition for a class. The  scholarship recipient pays the remaining 5% cost, which will vary  depending on the regular price of the class.

Please note: these seats are offered first-come first-served, about a week to two weeks before the respective class starts. Meaning, you'll have to wait for a class that matches your interests and schedule.

To apply, please provide proof of eligibility that includes:

1) Your name & address

2) Public assistance program name** 

3) A recent date (most medical cards do not have this)


Then, use your mobile phone's camera, fax machine, scanner, or good old snail mail to send us your documentation after, or along with your online application below.


More questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*If your family income is below $45,000 for a two earner household or $25,000 for a single earner, you are welcome to register for eligible classes at the low income rate immediately.

**Examples of Accepted Public Assistance Programs

  • TANF
  • MFIP
  • General      Assistance
  • WIC
  • Medicaid,      Medical Assistance, or Minnesota Care 
  • SSI (Disability,      Not Retirement)
  • Food Stamps
  • Section 8      Housing
  • Free or Reduced      Price School Meals