Marketing and Communications Intern (1 position)
Spring semester position (January – May 2019)
15-20 hours per week, primarily daytime, Tuesday – Friday
Stipend: The Loft Marketing & Communication Intern will be paid a $1000 stipend, disbursed in two installments during the internship term. Students who are eligible for a Great Lakes Career Ready Internship grant at Augsburg or Hamline can apply to receive an increased amount through their school.
Loft internships offer a flexible and enjoyable workplace, excellent supervision and mentoring, and the company of dedicated and creative colleagues.
- Manage the Loft’s social media communities; create and curate engaging, clickable content relevant to the mission of the Loft, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist in developing and coordinating content for the Loft’s blog, including writing and multimedia content. This includes the writing, editing, and publishing of blog posts.
- Assist with event planning, promotion, and execution for mid- to large-scale events, including the Loft's Wordplay Festival, coming up in May 2020.
- Assist with the development and publication of marketing materials such as ads, flyers, brochures, and catalogs.
- Research and maintain a targeted media list.
- Assess external communications patterns with fresh eyes.
- A demonstrated interest in arts organizations and nonprofit marketing and communications;
- An educational background in the humanities, communications, or marketing;
- Demonstrated writing ability;
- Basic computer skills (MS Office);
- Familiarity with a broad spectrum of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and blog engines.
- Experience in graphic design and familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail oriented, creative, and open-minded, with the ability to work well both independently and in collaboration with others. This position is flexible and personalized to suit the intern's strengths and interest areas; interns are both encouraged to take on responsibilities that suit their skill sets and given opportunities to build new skills in a wide variety of marketing, PR, and communications areas. This internship is supervised by the Outreach & Marketing Specialist, who works in close collaboration with the intern.
To Apply: Please prepare MS Word or PDF documents that include a resumé, a cover letter, and a writing sample. You may submit as separate files or as one collected file (to submit multiple files, please click on “Add Files” and then Shift-Select multiple files). Submit by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 24, 2019. Due to the expected number of applicants, we request that you do not call to check on your status. You will receive a confirmation by email to let you know that your application was successfully submitted. If you would like to make a change to your application, you can withdraw it at any point using your Submittable account and then resubmit.
Finalists will be contacted for interviews. Once the position is filled, all applicants will be notified.