Marketing and Communications Intern
Winter position (January – May 2022)
10 hours per week, primarily daytime, Tuesday – Friday
Stipend: The Loft Marketing & Communication Intern will be paid $15/hour for 10 hours per week.
Loft internships offer a flexible and enjoyable workplace, excellent supervision and mentoring, and the company of dedicated and creative colleagues.
- Manage the Loft’s social media communities; create and curate engaging, clickable content relevant to the mission of the Loft, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist in developing and coordinating content for the Loft’s blog, including writing and multimedia content. This includes the writing, editing, and publishing of blog posts.
- Assist with newsletter list building and maintenance.
- Assist with the development and publication of marketing materials such as ads, flyers, brochures, and catalogs.
- Assess external communications patterns with fresh eyes.
- A demonstrated interest in arts organizations and nonprofit marketing and communications;
- An educational background in the humanities, communications, or marketing;
- Demonstrated writing ability;
- Basic computer skills (MS Office);
- Familiarity with a broad spectrum of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and blog engines.
- Experience in graphic design or photography and familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail oriented, creative, and open-minded, with the ability to work well both independently and in collaboration with others. This position is flexible and personalized to suit the intern's strengths and interest areas; interns are both encouraged to take on responsibilities that suit their skill sets and given opportunities to build new skills in a wide variety of marketing, PR, and communications areas. This internship is supervised by the Marketing and Communications Director, who works in close collaboration with the intern. The intern will also work with other members of the marketing team and gain exposure to the other departments at a medium-sized arts nonprofit.
To Apply: Please prepare MS Word or PDF documents that include a resumé, a cover letter, and a writing sample. You may submit as separate files or as one collected file (to submit multiple files, please click on “Add Files” and then Shift-Select multiple files). Submit by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 8, 2021. Due to the expected number of applicants, we request that you do not call to check on your status. You will receive a confirmation by email to let you know that your application was successfully submitted. If you would like to make a change to your application, you can withdraw it at any point using your Submittable account and then resubmit.
Finalists will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will likely take place by Zoom, but the position will likely include some in-person time at the Loft offices. We are looking for this intern to start sometime in mid- to late-January. Once the position is filled, all applicants will be notified.