Ends on

The Loft's Access Funds Pool is open for classes taking place in September 2023 - August 2024.  The Loft's Access Fund model allows you to submit a single online application for adult class access funds. These opportunities are meant to reduce financial barriers to participation in Loft classes and are available to individuals who can provide proof of eligibility, such as participation in one or more public assistance programs.*  Once accepted, available seats are emailed out as they become available, about 1-2 times a month. These email alerts will give you access to a list of classes that are currently access fund viable. If you are interested in any of these classes, you will need to call the Loft Education office at 612-379-8999 to claim your class and be given a promo code (applied during checkout) that will provide a 95% reduction in tuition for a class. The access fund recipient pays the remaining 5% cost, which will vary depending on the regular price of the class. 

 The Loft is committed to equity in our programming by creating opportunities for folks who face barriers to participation in artistic career development. While Loft class access funds are focused on reducing financial barriers, we want to strongly encourage individuals from historically marginalized communities to apply, including, but not limited to, Black and Indigenous people and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, as well as low income individuals.

 Please note: these seats are offered first-come first-served, about a week to two weeks before the respective class starts. You can sign up for specific genres of classes or call out a specific class you are interested in; however, that does not guarantee a spot. Meaning, you'll have to wait for a class that matches your interests and schedule.  To apply, please provide proof of eligibility that includes: 1) Your name & address 2) Public assistance program name**  3) A recent date. Then, use your mobile phone's camera, scanner, or good old snail mail to send us your documentation after, or along with your online application below. 

More questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
 *If you are not eligible for our access fund program but still require financial assistance, please consider our payment plan option through Sezzle to help manage the cost of class tuition.   **Examples of Accepted Public Assistance Programs

  • TANF
  • MFIP
  • General Assistance
  • WIC
  • Medicaid,  Medical Assistance, or Minnesota Care
  • SSI (Disability, Not Retirement)
  • Food Stamps
  • Unemployment
  • Section 8 Housing
  • Free or Reduced Price School Meals
We use Submittable to accept and review our submissions.