Job Posting—Technology/Salesforce Administrator
Job Title: Technology/Salesforce Administrator
Status: .75 FTE/24 hours of a 32 hour work week, Exempt
Reports to: Managing Director
Compensation: 54,000-60,000 annually ($1038-$1154 weekly)
Benefits include health insurance (Loft will pay 65% of a top tier plan), life insurance, two weeks paid time off annually (starting) 11 holidays, accrued sick/personal leave, and the opportunity to take one free Loft class per year.
The Loft is a values driven organization, rooted in anti-racism with a strong commitment to building diverse communities and a culture of wellbeing.
Logistics: Most staff work a four day week but there is flexibility to manage your work day as you see fit. With the exception of occasional in-person meetings, there is the option to work off-site for the full 24 hours. Reliable cell phone access and high speed internet are required for work off-site. Occasional evening and weekend time will be expected.
Position Purpose: This position advances the work of the Loft by creating, maintaining, and strengthening the technology that supports both internal processes and external interfaces. The Technology/Salesforce Administrator serves as the lead technical resource for Salesforce-based systems at the Loft (which include NPSP, Accounting Seed, Higher Logic, Drawloop, and Docusign), supporting other existing applications and integrations, and developing new ones to meet evolving needs.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to manage the Salesforce production and sandbox environments, including maintaining existing software efficacy, testing new software releases, implementing changes to views, profiles and security settings, developing and testing reports, managing user accounts, supporting users with training and coaching. In addition, this position ensures the reliability and security of the Loft’s overall technology and leads the adoption of new technologies to accomplish our work.
Organization: The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis (www.loft.org)
The Loft Literary Center is one of the nation’s leading nonprofit literary centers, offering more than 300 creative writing classes a year for youth and adults in Open Book, community settings, and online. The Loft also supports writers and readers through grants, mentorships, writing studios, regular readings and a spoken word series, and on its website through a wealth of resources about craft and the writing life.
The award-winning Loft is renowned for the quality of its programming and its service to the community. Loft staff members enjoy a flexible and enjoyable workplace, health and other benefits, generous paid time off, a four-day work week, and the company of dedicated and creative colleagues.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
In all areas of accountability for this position, responsiveness, empathy, and impeccable attention to detail are essential. This position requires excellent use of personal judgment, interpersonal communication skills, emotional intelligence, and a commitment to team building and cooperative work. You will be a good fit if you get satisfaction from helping others get the information they need, are a strategic thinker, can keep information secure and confidential, and you share our commitment to antiracism.
- Administration of the Salesforce environment; responsibilities include customizing and implementing profiles, roles, security settings, sharing rules, applications, custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, process builder, validation rules, approvals, dashboards, reports, etc
- Interface with end users to understand feature requirements and/ or address support issues.
- Develop and maintain integrations to external systems, including managed packages, no-code automation, and custom Apex code.
- Maintain and manage integration with payment processing systems including Square, Stripe, Sezzle, and Authorize.net.
- Serve as primary liaison for integration work performed by external vendors, including web development team.
- Create documentation, maintain standardization and looking for ways to continuously improve processes & procedures
- Manage upgrades, production and sandbox environments, data hygiene, and transition to Lightning.
- Act as Salesforce point-person for staff, providing support and training as needed.
- Maintain, and/or monitor data security systems and practices to ensure the highest level of security.
- Manage contractors responsible for reliable operation of the servers, data-backup systems, related hardware and software, and user tech support.
- Maintain licenses, make or recommend purchasing, repair and replacement decisions, and manage the Loft’s technology budget.
- Identify and pursue technology systems, opportunities, and tools that will support advancement of Loft success.
- Partner with departments to identify, track, and address existing issues and new ideas to improve organizational functioning and efficiency.
- As a member of the Loft’s operations team, use knowledge of each department’s information needs and operational practices to optimize business processes.
- Assist staff in turning data into useful, actionable information to improve programs, inform constituent engagement, document results, and support critical business processes.
- Identify training needs and facilitate learning to ensure that users have the knowledge and skills to effectively and efficiently use technology to advance the mission of the organization.
- 2+ years as a Salesforce Administrator, preferably with Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Experience integrating Salesforce with external systems
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and deconstruct work processes into functional units
- Self-directed, conscientious, and articulate (verbally and written)
- Ability to manage and prioritize both short- and long-term projects
- Ability to understand user requests and translate into technical requirements
- Ability to effectively train and coach non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to compose and maintain clear and accurate documentation
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Salesforce certifications (Administrator or Platform Developer)
- Experience with Apex, or any previous coding experience is a huge plus.
- Experience with any of the following: AccountingSeed, Apsona, Nintex DocGen, Docusign, Higher Logic, Zapier.
- Experience working in a non-profit or educational organization
- Familiarity with accounting concepts
The Loft is an equal opportunity employer.