Internship Posting—Summer 2023 Marketing and Social Media Intern
Marketing and Social Media Intern: Summer 2023
Summer position (June – August 2023)
10 hours per week, primarily daytime, Tuesday – Friday
Stipend: The Loft Marketing & Communication Intern will be paid $15/hour for 10 hours per week.
Loft internships offer a flexible and enjoyable workplace, excellent supervision and mentoring, and the company of dedicated and creative colleagues.The position itself will be hybrid or remote in nature, however candidates must be local to the Twin Cities area due to some event and outreach needs. We are looking for this intern to start in early June and wrap up at the end of August.
- Work with Storytelling and Community Engagement Coordinator to develop the Loft’s social media communities; create and curate engaging content relevant to the mission of the Loft, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist in developing and coordinating content for the Loft’s blog, including writing and multimedia content. This includes the writing, editing, and publishing of blog posts.
- Assist with newsletter list building and maintenance.
- Assist with the development and publication of marketing materials such as ads, flyers, brochures, and catalogs.
- Assist with marketing and outreach for the Loft’s Wordplay Festival (July 8, 2023).
- A demonstrated interest in arts organizations and nonprofit marketing and communications;
- An educational background in the humanities, communications, or marketing;
- Demonstrated writing ability;
- Basic computer skills (MS Office);
- Familiarity and savvy with a broad spectrum of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and video marketing.
- Experience in graphic design or photography and familiarity with tools like Canva or Photoshop is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail oriented, creative, and open-minded, with the ability to work well both independently and in collaboration with others. This position is flexible and personalized to suit the intern's strengths and interest areas; interns are both encouraged to take on responsibilities that suit their skill sets and given opportunities to build new skills in a wide variety of marketing, PR, and communications areas. This internship is supervised by the Storytelling and Community Engagement Coordinator in partnership with the Marketing and Communications Director. The intern will also work with other members of the Loft team to gain exposure to other roles at a medium-sized arts nonprofit.
To Apply: Please prepare documents that include a resumé and a cover letter demonstrating your interest in the internship. You may also include an optional media or content creation sample (this does not need to be on behalf of an organization, it can be a personal project). You may submit as separate files or as one collected file (to submit multiple files, please click on “Add Files” and then Shift-Select multiple files). Submit by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, April 9, 2023. Due to the expected number of applicants, we request that you do not call to check on your status. You will receive a confirmation by email to let you know that your application was successfully submitted. If you would like to make a change to your application, you can withdraw it at any point using your Submittable account and then resubmit.
Finalists will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will take place by Zoom. Once the position is filled, all applicants will be notified.